Assistant Director of Recruitment & Admission
To apply, please visit DePaul’s Human Resources Website at http://depaul.jobplanet.com/. The position is listed as “Assistant Director.”
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management/Director of Admission, the Assistant Director of Recruitment & Admission develops and implements strategies and programs to facilitate recruitment and enrollment. The Assistant Director is the primary recruiter and represents the College of Law at recruitment fairs throughout the United States. This is a professional position that requires extensive travel as well as some weekend and evening hours.
Other responsibilities include: Representing the College of Law at Recruitment Fairs. Recruiting prospective students by representing the College of Law at recruitment fairs and Law School Admission Council Forums throughout the United States. Coordinating all recruitment travel for Office of Admission. Maintaining relationship with key colleges and prelaw advisors. Providing counseling to prospective students and applicants. Providing counseling to prospective law students regarding the application process and opportunities at the College of Law. Overseeing telephone and email contacts/counseling with admitted law students. Providing counseling to applicants who have been denied admission. Assisting in staffing Welcome Center desk. Conducting Information Sessions & Tours Conducts regularly scheduled information sessions for prospective law students. Provides tours of the College of Law facilities for prospective students, applicants and admitted students. Coordinating Open House & Law Day Programs. Assisting the Associate Director of Admission in coordinating all Open House and Law Day programs. Assisting the Director of Admission in making presentations to prospective law students. Assisting in planning and coordinating special recruitment events. Assisting the Director of Admission in developing and implementing recruitment strategies to meet enrollment goals. Monitoring recruitment initiatives and prepares statistical reports as requested by the Director of Admission. Assisting the Director of Admission in preparing marketing publications for print and the internet. Primary responsibility for updating admission information on the College of Law website. Assisting the Director of Admission in supervising admission assistants, student workers and temporary staff.
- Requires a Bachelors degree. Prefer a J.D. or Masters in Education
- Ideal candidate will have some experience in admissions or higher education, working in a progressive, fast-paced university environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Skilled in use of Word & Excel
- Familiarity with Access or other database systems
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on various projects simultaneously
- Appreciation for and commitment to diversity
- Evening and weekend work is required
- Extensive travel is required, particularly form September through December
- Comfortable and able to travel by air, auto, rail, and/or bus